Schools & Universities
Is your research institution heading towards the forefront of social and ecosystemic innovation?
Today’s complex challenges call for cross-disciplinary research, as well as collaboration with real-life stakeholders and experts. For example, to explore regenerative strategies and technologies for climate change adaptation.
R&D institutions have now the opportunity to collaborate with Edhen, a creative and well experienced research partner.
Edhen offers supportive environments for innovative research, design and teaching in the fields of agroforestry, permaculture design, regenerative agriculture and sustainable food systems. To address challenges within the food-water-energy-ecosystems nexus. For example, R&D in climate change adaptation strategies, through adapted agroforestry, water and energy systems.
Our applied research and trainings are usually set within actual farms, agroforestry systems or integrated building-landscape systems. These are working case-studies or new systems under development. They function as evolving examples of low-input, solar-powered and resilient human habitat experiences.
We facilitate the collaboration between various disciplines such as ecology, agriculture, forestry, architecture and socio-economic sciences. Edhen would be happy to expand its excellent partnerships with leading universities, and can provide the following services:
- Development and coordination of multidisciplinary R&D projects.
- Contribution to innovative teaching activities with lectures, case-studies and workshops (Education Services).
- Action research: e.g. interdisciplinary projects including the design of farms and resilient human habitats.
- Providing empirical research opportunities in European and African countries.
- Testing your technical innovations or innovative collaboration methods, and learn from your new findings.
- Co-design of school or university gardens.
- Co-supervision of B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD theses.
- Co-authoring publications in recognized international journals.