“By 2030, demand for food may increase by 35%, for water by 40%, and for energy by 50%. Innovative solutions that meet this increased demand while conserving critical natural ecosystems are a necessity” United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
“Vulnerable communities are already experiencing climate impacts on food, water, land and other ecosystem services necessary for human health, livelihoods, settlement and survival.” United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Interconnected challenges call for integrated solutions and concerted action. How can we address climate change, restore millions of hectares, grow healthy food and improve livelihoods?
Edhen proposes a holistic approach to develop people and place specific solutions
Our general Theory of Change (ToC) is based on the following five core beliefs
- Effective collaboration is key for the success of regenerative projects and to massively scale restoration.
- Holistic evaluation is fundamental in the development and design process, to first understand the context.
- Regenerative solutions should be designed in a systemic way, to develop self-sufficient systems and thriving communities.
- R&D plays an important role in co-producing innovative knowledge and advancing permaculture design.
- Agroforestry is a promising land-use system, to increase food production, restore landscapes, conserve biodiversity and address climate change (at the same time).
For each project, detailed and context specific ToC models will be co-developed, to guide holistic decision making. By defining long-term goals and mapping necessary preconditions, the desired change can be achieved more effectively.
The good news is that more and more organizations are now promoting agroforestry, permaculture and regenerative agriculture. Not just to grow more food but also to improve ecosystems and livelihoods.
Climate change, landscape degradation, sustainable supply of food, water and energy.
Food & Climate Crisis
Socio-economic and agroecological challenges & opportunities.
Co-developing Systemic Solutions
Evolving collaboration and whole-system-design of regenerative farming and living systems.
By applying agroforestry we can increase food production, restore landscapes, conserve biodiversity & address climate change.
Our holistic and science-based approach, efficiently contributes to sustainable development.