My enthusiasm is to lift smallholder farmers out of poverty and ensure food security.
Erick is a young Tanzanian scientist with expertise in agricultural economics and sustainable land management. With core competencies in data collections, analysis, statistics, impact evaluation, project planning, entrepreneurship and business plan writing. Erick is currently working as a research assistant, with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) under the Africa-RISING project in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Areas of expertise and competence:
- Analysis of multidimensional poverty indicators using three (3) dimensions: Health, Education, and Living standards as recommended by Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
- Analysis of food security indicators (IDDS, HDDS, WDDS, FCS, and FCS-N analysis).
- Analysis of poverty indicators using Foster Greer Throbecke Indices (FGT).
- Analysis of Nutrition Security using WHO-recommended Z score standards.
- Impact Evaluation/Assessment on Agricultural technology adoption.